Fraternity and Sorority Life at Florida State University
Indefinite Interim Suspension
November 6, 2017
The following events/activities are prohibited by FSU:
- No New Member/Aspirant Events
- No new member retreats, meetings, service projects, or other gatherings
- No new member study groups
- No self-organized new member activities
- No Council Meetings (no elections)
- No Chapter Meetings (no elections)
- No Chapter organized tailgates
- No Chapter Events (to include, but not limited to, study hours and groups, on call/designated drive programs, social events, Founders day, and any on/off campus programs and socials)
- No philanthropy/community service events/fundraisers
- No retreats (inclusive of brotherhood/sisterhood retreats)
- No Intramurals
- No organizations may participate in Market Wednesday including tabling and stepping/strolling/performing.
- No organizational participation in Homecoming or Homecoming preparation such as pomping, skit night or spear-it night.
The following events/activities will be granted with the approval of FSU OFSL:
- Meal service at the house including new members with house plans
- Initiation of new members may occur if the national organization approves and is present
- National organization representative must be confirmed with the OFSL
- Chapter judicial/standards meetings
- University called meetings for chapters and governing councils
- LDR 2160, Peer Leadership class
- Student organization conduct hearings
If your organization is found non-compliant with the expectations set in this letter, the organization’s recognition may be removed indefinitely by the University.
This is not an exhaustive list. If you have questions, please reach out to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life firstname.lastname@example.org.