You must tentatively reserve space for your event before submitting an Event Permit request. Please visit the Contacts for Events page for more information on how to tentatively reserve space as outlined by each department. Deadlines vary by facility.
How do I submit an Event Permit request?
For recognized student organizations, follow the instructions found in this document:
Where do I submit an Event Permit request?
For recognized student organizations, Create An Event through your RSO’s page in Nole Central:
For FSU departments or outside organizations, fill out an easy online form at:
*If you are a FSU department, please make sure you are logged out of Nole Central before going to the link.
Don’t know where to start or need some event planning tips?
Don’t know if you need an Event Permit or Food Permit?
Check out our easy to use flowcharts to find out:
When in doubt, fill out a request and our staff will look at it to let you know if you need an event permit.
Tips for Event Planning
- Start Early: Event planning takes more time than you would think. You should start thinking about your event at least a few months in advance. All Event Permit requests should be submitted at least ten (10) business days in advance of your event. If your event may require a contract for DJ/artist services or rentals, your contracts and Event Permit request should be submitted at least fifteen (15) business days in advance of your event to meet contract deadlines.
- Plan Ahead: Know the basics of your event before contacting anyone about reservations, event permits, or other arrangements.
- Make Proper Arrangements: Facility reservations should always be step one, followed by Event Permit requests (at least 10 business days in advance of your event). Make sure you make all arrangements outlined by the SAC staff after you have submitted your Event Permit request.
- Be Flexible: Have backup plans in case your first date or venue choice doesn’t work out. Sometimes you may need to change your plans to make your event work.
- Ask Questions: If you need help at any point in planning, contact the SAC Event Planning staff for an event consultation by calling 644-6673.
- Communicate: Relay all the information, including policies, to your entire organization so every member is aware of the information.
Make sure to advertise well in advance of your event.
- Update: Contact the appropriate administrators within 24 hours if anything changes regarding your event.