The Involvement Fair occurs every fall and spring semester and serves as an opportunity for students to further create their FSU experience by learning more about all the opportunities that FSU has to find community, explore interests, and develop a diverse set of skills. Hundreds of recognized student organizations and campus departments combined make up the tabling portion of the event!
Seminole Showcase occurs concurrently with the involvement fair each semester and serves as an opportunity for performance-based groups to share their talent and recruit students with similar talent or interest in their talent on an actual stage!
This year, the Involvement Fair & Seminole Showcase will occur on the following dates:
- Fall: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 from 5:00-8:00 pm in the Oglesby Union Complex
- Spring: Thursday, January 11, 2018 in the Oglesby Union Complex (time is TBA)
- This will be the first time that Seminole Showcase will occur in the spring fair!
- Summer C (Involvement Fair only): TBA
- This will be the first time that the Involvement Fair will be offered in Summer C!
The section and tabs below will provide you with more information about the upcoming Involvement Fair & Seminole Showcase.
Welcome to the 2017 Fall Involvement Fair & Seminole Showcase!
Involvement Fair Directories & Seminole Showcase Schedule
Information for RSOs & Campus Departments
Priority and late online registration are closed.
At this time, if your organization or department wishes to register for the Involvement Fair, you will be placed on the Wait List which means: we will contact you either via phone or e-mail up until the day before if a table is available. On the day of, you will have to show up to any of the Check-in Stations at 4:45 pm to see if an open table is available. Please keep in mind that similarly to online registration, the Wait List is also date and time-stamped; therefore, open tables will be allocated in that order. Also, keep in mind that your table location will not be with organizations of your similar grouping.
To be placed on the Wait List, contact 644-6673 or email@example.com.
Registration for the next Involvement Fair & Seminole Showcase will open on Monday, October 16, 2017 and close Friday, December 15, 2017.
- Groups MUST be checked-in before setting up their table.
- Any group not checked-in by the end of the check-in period will have their table redistributed to an organization on the Wait List and will be given a No-Show.
- A No-Show will bar their group from participating in the next Involvement Fair.
- All groups will have ONE table and TWO chairs, unless additional accommodations have been communicated ahead of time.
- Groups are restricted to no more than THREE representatives at their table at any given time, including volunteer turnover or shifts.
- Tables are grouped with the category selected in the registration form, unless instructed otherwise.
- Additional accommodations (i.e. electrical) can be requested but are not guaranteed.
- All materials and decorations must fit within the assigned table space which range between 6 and 8 feet.
- Groups are NOT allowed to move any furniture or switch tables.
- Everyone must follow the University Posting Policy. Posting on any of the walls in and around the Oglesby Union is prohibited. If you have a banner or sign, it must be free-standing or displayed on the table.
- NO BALLOONS.
- Organizations are prohibited from distributing any information not related to the purpose or function of the organization.
- No items are to be sold. Only promotional items and giveaways are allowed.
- Any food items that are being provided outside of wrapped candy or bottled water should have an approved Event Permit.
Violation of the Involvement Fair Event Policy Agreement, Student Conduct Code, Student Organization Conduct Code, or University Regulations could result in the immediate dismissal of your organization from the Involvement Fair, prevent participation in future Involvement Fairs, and additional disciplinary action.
- Check-in Stations will be located just off Legacy Walk near Union Green (you’ll see large tents) and outside of the Oglesby Union Ballrooms.
- You must present either the final confirmation e-mail or your valid FSU ID to check-in your group.
- Check-in will begin at 3:30pm and end at 4:45pm.
- After 4:45pm, if your group is not there, you will be issued a No-Show (review Event Policy Agreement above).