The Involvement Fair occurs every fall and spring semester and serves as an opportunity for students to further create their FSU experience by learning more about all the opportunities that FSU has to find community, explore interests, and develop a diverse set of skills. Hundreds of recognized student organizations and campus departments combined make up the tabling portion of the event!
This year, the Involvement Fair will occur on the following dates:
- Spring: January 11, 2018 4:00-7:00 pm in the Oglesby Union Complex
- Summer C (Involvement Fair only): TBA
- This will be the first time that the Involvement Fair will be offered in Summer C!
- Fall: Tuesday, August 28, 2018* in TBD
- *Date is currently tentative and location has yet to be determined due to the demolition and renovation of the Union.
The section and tabs below will provide you with more information about the upcoming Involvement Fair & Seminole Showcase.
Welcome to the 2018 Spring Involvement Fair
Involvement Fair Directories Schedule
- Spring Involvement Fair – Category List
- Spring Involvement Fair – Courtyard Map
- Spring Involvement Fair – Union Green
- Spring Involvement Fair – Ballrooms Map
Information for RSOs & Campus Departments
Before submitting a registration form, please note the following information which includes major changes to this spring’s event:
- At this time, in the event of inclement weather, the event will take place at the same day and time; however, it will move completely indoors within the Oglesby Union.
- Due to this, there will be major space limitations. However, as always, registration is on a first come, first serve basis based off of available table spaces.
- Due to these space limitations, departments and departmental affiliates will not be permitted to table at this particular fair. However, this does not mean that departments and departmental affiliates will not be able to in future fairs.
- Additionally, there will only be one window to register for this fair: November 28, 2017-January 2, 2018.
- Please keep in mind that submitting this registration form does not automatically guarantee your organization a spot in the fair. Registration forms are processed in the order in which they are received based off of the date and time stamp.
- RSOs must be currently active and in good standing with the Student Activities office in order to register and participate – meaning you must have obtained recognized status for 2017-2018.
CLICK HERE to proceed to the registration form for the 2018 Spring Involvement Fair & Seminole Showcase!
- Groups MUST be checked-in before setting up their table.
- Any group not checked-in by the end of the check-in period will have their table redistributed to an organization on the Wait List and will be given a No-Show.
- A No-Show will bar their group from participating in the next Involvement Fair.
- All groups will have ONE table and TWO chairs, unless additional accommodations have been communicated ahead of time.
- Groups are restricted to no more than THREE representatives at their table at any given time, including volunteer turnover or shifts.
- Tables are grouped with the category selected in the registration form, unless instructed otherwise.
- Additional accommodations (i.e. electrical) can be requested but are not guaranteed.
- All materials and decorations must fit within the assigned table space which range between 6 and 8 feet.
- Groups are NOT allowed to move any furniture or switch tables.
- Everyone must follow the University Posting Policy. Posting on any of the walls in and around the Oglesby Union is prohibited. If you have a banner or sign, it must be free-standing or displayed on the table.
- NO BALLOONS.
- Organizations are prohibited from distributing any information not related to the purpose or function of the organization.
- No items are to be sold. Only promotional items and giveaways are allowed.
- Any food items that are being provided outside of wrapped candy or bottled water should have an approved Event Permit.
Violation of the Involvement Fair Event Policy Agreement, Student Conduct Code, Student Organization Conduct Code, or University Regulations could result in the immediate dismissal of your organization from the Involvement Fair, prevent participation in future Involvement Fairs, and additional disciplinary action.
- Check-in Stations will be located just off Legacy Walk near Union Green (you’ll see large tents) and outside of the Oglesby Union Ballrooms.
- You must present either the final confirmation e-mail or your valid FSU ID to check-in your group.
- Check-in will begin at 2:30pm and end at 3:45pm.
- After 3:45pm, if your group is not there, you will be issued a No-Show (review Event Policy Agreement above).
In the event of inclement weather, the event will move to all indoor locations of the Union and check-in will ONLY occur outside of the Oglesby Union Ballrooms. Should the inclement weather plan need to be enacted, your organization will be contacted no later than 24 hours before the event via social media, our Group Text Messaging System, and an e-mail.