Market Wednesday is a medley of activities that occurs every Wednesday of the semester in the Oglesby Union courtyard. A combination of recognized student organizations, market vendors, and passersby makes the Union the place to be on Wednesdays. The event occurs every Wednesday during the school year. If you are interested in participating, please click the appropriate link on this page.
Items bearing FSU trademarks, wordmarks, or university-controlled images may not be sold at Market Wednesday, except for sales of licensed merchandise conducted by the FSU Bookstore. Items that infringe upon copyright or trademark rights of FSU and/or others are also prohibited.
Recognized Student Organizations: If you have questions concerning Market Wednesday, please contact the Student Activities Center at 850-644-6673 or email@example.com.
Vendors: Please contact Guest Services (GuestServices@admin.fsu.edu, 850-644-6083) to register as a vendor or with questions related to vendors.
Market Wednesday Schedule: Market Wednesday activities are scheduled to take place every Wednesday while semesters are in session. Please note – Market Wednesday activities will not take place during semester breaks or University closures.
Forms for Market Wednesday
For information about becoming a vendor at Market Wednesday, please choose from the list below and respond to the questions presented. A Guest Services representative will respond within 1-2 business days:
If you have additional questions, please contact Guest Services by email at GuestServices@admin.fsu.edu or by calling (850) 644-6083.
Information for Recognized Student Organizations
RSOs can participate in Market Wednesday in four ways: tabling, fundraising, sponsoring the amplified sound hour, or hosting an event on Union Green. The Student Activities Center and the Student Organization Advisory and Resource (SOAR) Board encourage all RSOs to join us every Wednesday to help highlight our student organizations and to help get students involved on campus. If you have ideas for Market Wednesday events, questions, or concerns, you can contact SOAR Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
RSOs can participate in Market Wednesday by reserving a table to promote their events, recruit new members, or just show off their group. All RSO tables are on the South Side of Moore Auditorium (facing Legacy Walk and HCB) and down Legacy Walk to the Integration Statue.
Table reservations can be made online here from 10:00am on Thursday until 10:00am on Tuesday before each Market Wednesday. Once registered, check-in and set-up will begin at 9:30am Wednesday morning.
The following policies must be followed when tabling:
- Check-in begins at 9:30am. Someone must be at your table no later than 10:30am or your table may be reassigned to other organizations on the waiting list. During the event, someone must be at your table at all times.
- You must have your table reservation confirmation email AND FSU ID upon check-in. You can print the confirmation or show it on your smartphone.
- Each student may check-in for only ONE RSO.
- Each RSO may only reserve ONE table.
- Reservations must be made online EACH WEEK. Reservations do not roll over each week.
- If no more tables are available online, your organization will be placed on a waiting list. Waiting list organizations will be given tables that have been unclaimed after 10:30am Wednesday morning. Organizations on the waiting list must be present at 10:30am at the check-in table and on the waiting list in order to be assigned a redistributed table.
- To cancel a table registration, you must email email@example.com PRIOR to that Wednesday.
- If your organization registers for a table and does not show up for Market Wednesday, sanctions may be imposed. After the SECOND no-show, your tabling privileges at Market Wednesday will be revoked for the rest of the semester.
- All materials/set-up must fit within your organization’s table space. You may not interfere with another area.
- The University Posting Policy (http://posting.fsu.edu) must be followed at all times. This means no posters/banners/flyers can be taped to painted surfaces or brick walls, absolutely no balloons can be used outside, and all chalking must be in the pre-approved areas.
- Tables and chairs CANNOT be moved for any reason.
- If your organization is planning to do a bake sale, a Food Permit MUST be completed at union.fsu.edu/sac/eventplanning at least 10 days in advance, and receive approval.
- If your organization wants to sponsor the Amplified Sound Hour, you must complete an Amplified Sound Hour request form at https://nolecentral.dsa.fsu.edu/organization/soarboard/availableforms and get approval in addition to registering for a table.
- Any violations of these policies may result in the loss of tabling privileges at Market Wednesday.
RSOs can also fundraise during Market Wednesday. If your group would like to do a bake sale, all you need to do is complete a food permit with Environmental Health and Safety (https://safety.fsu.edu/sections/foodeventapproval.php) and table with the other RSOs. If your organization would like to sell any items other than food, you must register to table with the vendors at Market Wednesday.
If your RSO is partnering with a local business to offer coupons, discounts, or other promotions, different policies may apply. Please contact the Student Activities Center at 850-644-6673 before entering any agreements with off-campus entities.
Amplified Sound Hour
*PLEASE NOTE THE NEW SOUND HOUR PROCESS*
In an attempt to ensure that Market Wednesday is as inclusive and diverse as possible, we are now allowing student groups to request 30 minute time slots for the hour. Times available for reservation are now 12:00pm-12:30pm and 12:30pm-1:00pm.
In addition, SOAR Board has now reserved a DJ for every Market Wednesday. This means that you will no longer need to book a DJ for your organization to use. This allows you to host a performance, specific music, or other activity without worrying about the cost.
Please fill out the following form to submit a sound hour request: https://nolecentral.dsa.fsu.edu/organization/soarboard/availableforms.
Within a few days after your submission, you should receive an email from a member of SOAR Board confirming your reservation. Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive an email approval. Sound Hour reservations will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. If canceled after the 24 hour deadline (Tuesdays at 12pm), your sound hour reservation privileges may be revoked.
Announcements During Sound Hour:
If you simply want to make an announcement during the Sound Hour, please come up to the SOAR Board table the Wednesday that you want your announcement to be made. We will feature announcements during the first five minutes of each time slot. Only the first five organizations will be allowed to have their announcements heard.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email SOAR@admin.fsu.edu.
Information for Vendors
Market Wednesday is designed to showcase local vendors who wish to sell products on-site. The event occurs every Wednesday from 8:00am — 5:00pm. Load in can begin as early as 7:00am, and all vendors must be packed up no later than 6:00pm. All vendor tables are located on the west side of the Oglesby Union Courtyard (the side closest to Crenshaw Lanes). To participate, you must contact Guest Services (GuestServices@admin.fsu.edu, 850-644-6083).
**Please note that payment to participate must be made upon arrival or you may not receive a table.**
Vendors are not allowed to provide free samples of products, collect contact information or promote websites or other avenues as vehicles for furthering sales. If you are not selling products on-site, you will need to explore other opportunities such as Vendor Thursdays (union.fsu.edu/guestservices/vendor-thursdays). This includes corporate promotions such as housing and apartment complexes.
Below is other important information to keep in mind when participating in Market Wednesday as a vendor:
Several weekly rate options are offered for vendor participation in Market Wednesday. Prices vary according to space occupied.
Fall/Spring Semester Rates:
- $30.00 – Single table, open courtyard area – no tents
- $50.00 – Space for two tables and one 10X10 tent (not provided)
- $65.00 – Covered space for two tables located under Bridge Lounge & Student Activities Building
- $80.00 – Covered space for two tables located in the main corridor area in front of Chili’s
Summer Semester Rates:
- $21.00 – Single table, open courtyard area – no tents
- $35.00 – Space for two tables and one 10X10 tent (not provided)
- $45.50 – Covered space for two tables located under Bridge Lounge & Student Activities Building
- $56.00 – Covered space for two tables located in the main corridor area in front of Chili’s
10% Off – Vendors paying in advance for at least 4 consecutive weeks will receive a 10% discount from the rates listed above.
20% Off – Vendors paying in advance for an entire semester will receive a 20% discount from the rates listed above. (Not available after first week of the semester.)
Student Discounts – Students currently enrolled in at least 9 credit hours qualify for a special rate of $15.00 for a single table in the open courtyard area. (Subject to registration verification) This rate is valid during all semesters.
Items that CANNOT be sold at Market Wednesday
- Items that require a special state license (i.e. pets, haircuts, etc.)
- Items that violate U.S. Copyright or Patent laws (i.e. Clothing, Purses, Copied CD’s, DVD’s, etc.)
- Drug or smoking paraphernalia, illicit pornographic or illegal items
- Items bearing FSU, its symbols or logo, etc.
- Telephone services (i.e. cell phones, long distance services, pagers, etc.)
- Items that are already sold on campus (i.e. food & beverages, energy drinks, textbooks, computers, etc)
Parking is very limited. You may park at the Bookstore Parking Garage, St. Thomas Moore
Church Parking Lot for a $4.00 fee per day, or you can purchase a parking permit from FSU Parking Services, which are sold by the Office of Student Financial Services, University Center Building A-1500. THE OGLESBY UNION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PARKING TICKETS YOU RECEIVE.
Sales Tax Collection
Vendors are responsible for submitting sales tax to the Florida Department of Revenue. Vendors must have a valid Florida Sales Tax I.D. number, or must have proof of having applied for their sales tax permit in order to participate in the Flea Market.