Union Productions provides captivating, inclusive and enriching entertainment for Florida State University. To foster student leadership and professional development, we empower students to cultivate their own events, ranging from concerts, comedy and lectures to special events, all of which are student-run from inception to completion.
What is Union Productions?
Union Productions is FSU’s student-run programming board! Our on-campus venue, Club Downunder, is one of the most respected in the nation. Over fifty students oversee every aspect of the organization: from planning and producing events and marketing and promotions, to sound production and hospitality. This means that everything that goes into making Union Productions’ events fantastic—from booking performers, to setting up dressing rooms, to coordinating audio-visual requests, to advertising lineups—is all orchestrated by a dedicated group of FSU undergraduates.
Where is Club Downunder?
Club Downunder is located in the FSU Oglesby Union, right next to Community Table.
A Brief History
In the mid-’60s the first student run programming board at Florida State University was created, the Union Program Council (UPC). Around 1970 the board changed its name to the Leisure Programs Office (LPO), and the name changed again in 1979 to the Union Program Office (UPO). Finally, in 1983, the organization changed its name to Student Campus Entertainment (SCE) and remained that way until 2005. Over the years the organization has been responsible for planning PowWow, the films series (in Moore Auditorium), major concerts in The Moon and Civic Center, operation of the Club Downunder, late night programming initiatives, and many different special events.
As the organization has grown and as new facilities on campus were created, a few of those responsibilities changed (i.e. the Student Life Building programming the film series in it’s state-of-the-art theater in 2000, the Club Downunder becoming it’s own entity to plan club concerts in 2001, and PowWow becoming it’s own organization as well in 1999). In the fall of 2005, the Club Downunder programming board and SCE were joined together once again to form Union Productions, one programming board responsible for all special events and concerts planned by the Oglesby Union.
Weekly Programming Meetings
Everyone is welcome to come discuss potential Special Events at our weekly Programming Meetings.
Meetings are held on Thursdays at 2:00pm, typically in Club Downunder. For more information about programming meetings, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Volunteer Drive
At the beginning of every Fall semester, we hold our annual volunteer drive! Volunteering with Union Productions is a great way to get involved with our unique organization. Positions in programming, hospitality, PR, sound production, and event staff will provide you with interactive exposure to a fascinating industry.
Dates and times for our Volunteer Drive will be announced in the beginning of the Fall semester. If you’d like to find out more about volunteering with Union Productions, email email@example.com.
How To Utilize UP
Are you an RA, Campus Leader, or a member of an RSO, SGA Agency, or Greek Organization? Would you like to know how to best utilize all that Union Productions has to offer? Here’s how:
- Use UP’s calendar of over 150 events per year. Engage and entertain your residents or members by bringing them to one of our many events!
- Co-sponsor events with UP in the Club Downunder. Click here for more information about co-sponsorships.
- Help co-sponsor events that UP is already planning. Can your group help get the word out about UP events? Do you want to help fund, provide food, or contribute in some other way to one of UP’s events? Email us and let us know how you can help!
- Become involved in the Later program. UP plans large events on every Friday night in the Union Ballrooms, Moore Auditorium, Union Green, and Union Courtyard. Do you have plans for a big event and need space? Are you planning something that will fit in with Later? Contact UP.
Club Downunder Policies
- Club Downunder accepts all major credit cards.
- No Outside Food/Drink
- No Smoking, Vaping or Tobacco Products. Florida State University is a tobacco free campus.
- No Professional Cameras
- No Audio or Visual Recording
- No Crowdsurfing and/or Stage Diving
Club Downunder values the experiences of our patrons. Any inappropriate behavior that does not adhere to Florida State University community standards and infringes on the positive experiences of others will not be tolerated and you may be asked to leave.
The Florida State University Student Conduct of Conduct outlines FSU’s community standards and can be found here.
Florida State University
A303 Oglesby Union
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4026